5 reasons blood donors are the best
The generous spirit of our donors amazes me. There are countless ways to give back to your community, especially in this technological age. Google “ways to give back in the Houston area” and you’ll find long lists of the needs in society. It’s, quite frankly, overwhelming. But you, you’ve waded through all of that information to find the most selfless way to support the people around you.
I want you to know how important you are, so here are 5 reasons I think you’re the best:
- You sacrifice your time. It is often said that time is the most valuable thing a person can give, and donating blood certainly requires that. We can get you in and out in under 30 minutes, but many aren’t willing to give up even that. It’s an hour’s time commitment to give an automated donation like platelets or plasma. You are a rockstar for giving up your time to donate blood.
- You take care of yourself. To donate blood, you must have things like your blood pressure and iron levels under control. You need to be healthy. That means our frequent donors have to take care of themselves to be consistent in their donations. Our community depends on you, and you are up to the challenge.
- You give something that cannot be manufactured. There have been a ton of scientific breakthroughs over the years as technology has progressed. Blood still cannot be replicated. That means if you do not donate, there is no blood for patients who need it. You, my friend, are irreplaceable.
- You have the coolest T-shirt collection. I know, I know, you don’t do it for the swag, but it doesn’t hurt. Each one of The Blood Center’s shirts is custom-designed by our in-house graphic designers.
- You’re literally saving lives. That’s what it’s all about, right? When you give blood, you’re giving patients more hugs, smiles and laughs with their families and loved ones. You are the reason they have more time.
Your blood gives life to someone on their darkest day. One person can’t save the world, but you touch countless lives every time you donate.