Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center provides the lifesaving products and services you need when you need them.
Located in Houston, Texas, we are a leading supplier of blood, biotherapies and related services, serving clients in the Texas Gulf Coast region and worldwide. We offer an extensive range of products and services to fulfill a variety of client needs. We are accredited, licensed and inspected by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), AABB, and local and state authorities.
Our commitment to quality assures Standard Operating Procedures are strictly implemented and that we adhere to current Good Clinical Practice (GCP) standards.
Our commitments include:
- Responsive and reliable service
- Guaranteed response times
- A professional approach to maximize efficiency and effectiveness
- GCP-compliant processes and procedures
- Customized client report formats
- Exemplary customer service
We supply a full range of transfusable products, including special order blood components. We produce products selected for specific properties and used for essential research and further manufacturing into blood derivatives and pharmaceuticals.
Our National Donor Testing Services Laboratory offers accurate and rapid detection and confirmation of a variety of infectious and viral disease markers as well as ABO/Rh and the detection of antibodies to red cell antigens. Our AABB-accredited Immunohematology Reference Laboratory provides transfusion services and consultation on complex patient cases. We maintain a large volume of antigen-typed red cell units, with additional access to rare units through the American Rare Donor Program.
Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center is committed to helping patients, and we are committed to delivering the best service to our hospital partners. We can provide logistical support, saving you time, resources and expenses. Depending on the service package you select, you may benefit from some or all of the following services:
- Online ordering
- Product deliveries, including STAT and ASAP deliveries
- Unpacking and stocking of products
- Inventory management
- Full-credit return privileges (on select units)
- Specimen pickups
- Usage reporting
Our physicians are available to support our partners by consulting with physicians and other health care providers to facilitate appropriate patient care. They have a broad range of transfusion medicine experience and can offer advice and support regarding blood products and therapies.
Along with our Consultation and Reference Laboratory staff, our physicians are available for consultation when patients experience unusual or less than desired responses to transfusion therapy.
This team also is experienced in a variety of transfusion procedures that can help to lessen disease symptoms.
Our spectrum of activity and expertise allows us to provide guidance in a broad range of transfusion-related problems and issues, including:
- Interpretation of immunohematology tests and recommendations regarding appropriate transfusion therapy
- Management and evaluation of neonatal alloimmune thrombocytopenia (NAT), including collection of maternal platelets
- Evaluation and management of transfusion complications such as transfusion-related acute lung injury (TRALI), delayed hemolytic reactions, allergic reactions and transfusion-transmitted diseases
- Transfusion therapy/component selection
- Blood administration—routine and complex
- Participate in Transfusion Review Committee evaluation
Our physicians are experts on patient blood management and may provide guidance to help health care facilities reduce costs by optimizing usage.